Marcus Hedbrandh stands before us at 185cm, his striking blue eyes make the girls on set a little giggly and that’s before he’s even spoken. His charming Swedish mannerisms and politeness whilst shooting ZALORA’s new arrivals collection make him a dream to work with — that and him not having one bad picture. Having been scouted in Amsterdam 10 years ago Marcus is a seasoned model, who has already fronted campaigns with D&G, United Colours of Benetton, Abercrombie & Fitch, Replay and Y-3 — just to name a few. Alongside campaigns he is fast becoming a regular on the men’s show circuit walking for Valentino and Versace.
We sat down with the overachiever to chat about his personal style, likes and dislikes.
1. What’s your style and how would you describe it in 3 words.
Classic, fitted and comfortable.
2. Pick one. Beach holiday or urban city holiday?
3. And what are the first 3 foremost and important things you’d pack into your suitcase?
Swim shorts, a yoga mat, and a good set of headphones.
4. How would you dress to impress?
Depends on the occasion, but a good fit is important.
5. What’s one fashion trend that you do not get?
When guys over-do it. You can still have a sense of style and look good without having to look perfect.
6. What is it that you think sets you apart from the other models?
I have been fortunate to work with some very talented people in my career, and have learnt anything from what makes a photograph great, to understanding people from all cultures and background.
7. What do like about South East Asia?
The people, the nature and the food!
8. Complete the sentence. I think online shopping is…
Convenient, easy and has more variety.