Women Crush: 20 Questions with Khadijah Halim
We are launching our new segment called ‘Women Crush’ and happy to welcome this lovely lady, Khadijah Halim as our first ever star feature. With her beautiful features, gentle soul and friendly personality, we are happy to be doing an exclusive interview for the launching of this new segment. She’s got style and knows how to pull everything from casual to formal with the right touch. Let’s get to know her more!
1. We discovered that you have your own Youtube channel with amazing Vlogs. How did you come about in starting it?
I started Youtubing when I was 16. My bestfriends encouraged me to go on Youtube, umm since that time, from what I can recall, there were not many Malaysian Youtuber like you can see now. My bestfriends would help me recording and editing the videos for me and they sometimes would join me as well but only sometimes because they were shy!(laughs) Then after year passes by, I got discouraged by my content and my skills. Of course I cant forever be depending on my friends, so I started to slow down. But now Im trying my very best to make variety kind of videos that is not only focusing on makeup. Im trying to compile health, cooking and travel Vlogs.
2. Do you have your own blog?
Yes, I had tumblr and a blogspot. But Im no longer an active blogger. (sigh)
3. You have a great figure that most women will be jealous of. We wonder, how do you stay fit and healthy?
First and foremost, my figure is my biggest insecurity! Why would anyone be jealous of…hahaha. Well, I used to be a chubby kid back then. My heaviest was 56kg when I was 14 but now I weigh 48kg. (shy) that was probably my biggest achievement to actually lose weight. I control my food intake with smaller portion and plate. I do exercise at least thrice per week. I only drink plain water! I don’t drink sodas nor alcohol and I don’t smoke because I think that leads to bad health.
4. How do you describe your sense of style?
Relaxed. Plain. Oversized. Nerdy. Cute. Hahahaha feels weird describing myself.
5. Which do you prefer? Sneakers? Flats? High heels?
Sneakers of course!! (blushes)
6. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My 3 stripes Adidas trackpants. #TeamAdidas
7. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
Every woman should at least try to not be depending on any men emotionally and physically. Like for instance, if you want to own an empire, own it. Don’t wait for a man’s permission to tell you what’s not. Go get it tiger!
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself as a freelance graphic designer that owns a successful café with the love of my life and my beautiful children. (smiles)
9. What is your dream career?
Honestly I would really get into professional modelling if I were 6ft tall. I always wanted to be a professional model that you see on high-end magazine covers, who walks on runways, who can go out without makeup but still looking hella stunning…Well, this is why it is called a dream career. (laughs)
10. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
Things will change not according to your likings and you have to accept it no matter how soft you are. Get ready.
11. What is one thing that people would be surprised to know about you?
They’d be surprised to know I’m not 100% like what you seen on Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and all. I would describe myself as a happy-go-lucky kind of girl because that is what I heard from all of my room teachers to my parents. (smiles)
12. We can see that you have some experience in modeling. Why are you interested in this career?
I do, I started when I was 16 with a local brand that iam still with now. I never really would imagine myself to be a model because I do not have what it takes. The slender figure, long legs, sharp features and skills. I can’t seem to fit into the criteria. Otherwise, I would have walked the runway with Kendall Jenner! HAHA
13. What are your favourite songs that you love to jam to?
I love Selena Gomez a lot right now. Especially the song she sings with Charlie Puth, We Don’t Talk Anymore.
14. You have flawless natural skin. Share with us your skin care regime.
Oh my..haha I wish that is true! But thank you anyway. My skin care secret is not to use many products at the same time because the chemicals contained in the products will build up on the skin. I use a gentle cleanser, Cetaphil, with a beauty brush (that has a soft spikes on it, got it from SaSa). And dry it out with tissue paper. Not with a towel because it has bacteria build up that cause our skin itch and has red acne spots. Later on, I will apply aloe vera gel and sunscreen. I don’t wear make ups on daily basis to keep my skin fresh.
15. You are always on point with your makeup, what are your beauty must-haves to always look gorgeous?
Brow pomade, Maybelline Barbie mascara and tinted lip balm!
16. What color of lipstick do you love pulling off on a day out?
I have never tried other colors rather than nudes with pink undertones. My favorite is KVD’s LOLITA 2 and MAC’s Lady be good!
17. If you are stranded on an island and you can only have one makeup item with you, what would it be?
SUNSCREEN WITH SPF 100000
18. What’s the best beauty tip you’ve ever been given?
“Be so happy in the inside and it’ll will show on the outside.”
19. How do you keep your hair so amazing and luscious?
I wash my hair thrice per week, argan oil is a must, and self made hair treatment^__^ I too would go have my hair trimmed once in every 3 months!
20. What advice would you give girls who are not so confident about the way they look?
Next time when you think of something beautiful, don’t forget to count yourself in. Be your own version of beautiful~.
Do you love reading about our women crush this month? Do you have anyone you will love to nominate? Share your suggestions with us in the comment section below.